Friday 2 August 2013

FACEBOOK-PREACHERS

Perhaps when we pass away our timeline would be a reliable source of our autobiography. The kind of personality I present is not that of a "mallam-mallam" and I know that. But that does not mean that I am religiously weak.




I don't remember the last time I posted a sermon on my Timeline but I can remember reading friends` posts in which they tried to preach. A lot of the posts are quotes from books that I have read before or sometimes, something from a website or a Facebook page.



I don't belittle anyone's faith but I just want to be a reminder. From Wikipedia,  
[timeline is a way of displaying a list of events in chronological order, sometimes described as a project artifact. It is typically a graphic design showing a long bar labeled with dates alongside itself and (usually) events labeled on points where they would have happened]



Also, from my amateur Film-making experience, it is an horizontal board on a Video Editing Software that is used to edit videos for Movie or Television. Recorded files are inserted onto the board and the editor decides what you watch first, middle or last.

So we can deduce from these that, a timeline is another form of storytelling. The next time you post something on your timeline, don't forget that you are telling a story ( your story ). Tell your story and not someone`s. When you quote from someone, don't make the words your own. Remember to add references and give credit so that at least, knowledge-seekers can do further research.



Don't try to please anybody but yourself. Facebook-preachers !

follow me @fahd_mahama
and on facebook.com/FahD.maHamA

No comments:

Post a Comment