Sunday 1 September 2013

MY WASSCE RESULTS

                            MY WASSCE RESULTS

                    Secondary School, I was told was the difficult and critical stage of the academic cycle. Four years ago when I entered SHS, I was a calm and innocent fellow of 15 years. 

                    I still possess the fair, soft and smooth face I had. My dimples were even cheerful then, than now. My smile still brings about debate among men whenever I passed by. I felt very pleased. I had plenty of males at my door. Gradually, I became much more concerned about my looks than my books. I had it all, the fronts, backs and sides were just perfect.



           In the second year I met him. He had it all too. Tall, fair, six-pacts and financially okay. I fell first and he fell too. I was, like they say, head over heels in love


           By this time, all the seeds Ma-alam Bashiru was sowing had fell on thorns already. I was gradually developing into a round character for Ma-alam Pampare`s next sermon.  It will be strange not to see me at the latest High School poty in town. The Sprite-ball, Re-Unions, and many more. My mother never really cared about my in-and-out movements. Perhaps she thought that I was growing and so I should be allowed to grow. Whenever I left the house I had leggings and singlet under my bright black abaya. I felt like yeah! its just a four year journey.

                   After fairly failing several exams, I found my way in third year through my form master who was ready to perform the custom. He suggested it anyway. Besides I couldn't afford to get repeated. So I went to his house and in less than an hour, I laid under him and endured his bad breath and groaning.

                    I went through my third year successfully and it was left with only 7 months to say bye to high school. By this time I had left my form two boyfriend and had dated several other boys who were richer than him.

                    I never anticipated getting pregnant at this point of life but I eventually did. My belly started protruding so I had to quit.

                    My child is 5 months old, now. I don`t want to tell you how disappointed my father was. All these years he was away in Atlanta; USA. It was after my misfortune that he disclosed some of  his plans for me. He thought I was busy with academics but had come back only to find me with a 5 months old year daughter as my WASSCE results.

THIS IS JUST A FICTION. RESEMBLANCE TO ANYBODY DEAD OR ALIVE IS NEVER INTENDED. I HOPE WE HAVE LEARNT A LESSON.

follow me @Fahd_Mahama
Instagram: @fahd_mahama

No comments:

Post a Comment