Saturday 3 August 2013

BACK - TO - LONDON

BACK TO LONDON

I came to Ghana when I was 11 years old. Brought down by my father to continue my education. I traded the accent with Auntie Kande`s Tuo Zaafi and Auntie Diko`s waakye. In London, I overheard my dad telling my British mom(she`s black) that he wants me to be a tough guy. "When he stays in Ghana for a while, he will appreciate the other side of life" I heard him speaking. I had been in this African country for 7 years now.  finished JHS and SHS with very good grades.

When I started schooling, I was very much frustrated with the standard of education here. I was not sent to any of the dada-bee schools in town but rather a cyto in the prominent of all slums in the city; Nima. that is were I stayed with my grandmother. My father was born here but had been living in London for 15 years now. He`s the only son of his parents and his father,my grand-father had died when he was a teenager, school was very boring. My pocket-money was one tenth of what I spent in London. 

I realized that most pupils, especially the males had enough to spend, far more than I can. They could buy what they want to eat, drink, and wear. Hardly will anyone of them talk with me about future career or profession. They considered their financial situation as a barrier. Up till now I have ambitions of becoming a Writer and a Fashion designer. But the writer in me seems corrupted. But I still love to read. I read about anything I find interesting around me.

After JHS I got into SHS and things got worse. My parents divorced, dad seldom calls, I lost contact with my mother and I was confused. when he calls it was only to say hi and see how my grandmother was fearing. He never called on my phone. Besides, he doesn't have my number. I had managed to get my self a cell phone which i`m about to tell you how.

In JHS, I learned from my friends how to make money fast. It was easy for me because I was very good with the computer than most of them. Every night I will sneak out of the house and go to an internet cafe. I just have to visit a dating site and impersonate myself as a 32 years old lady living in Ghana but was born somewhere in Europe or America. I`ll use pictures of models from their websites. Once the white man falls in love with me I will begin to ask for money for some fictitious reasons. When we had no money to purchase time cards at the cafe, we would go on the road, at traffic points, to clean wind glasses for some coins.
By the time I got into SHS, I could buy myself whatever I wanted to eat, drink and wear. I even payed my fees. 
When my grandmother realized that I had stopped asking her for money, she felt reluctant and never asked how I get to buy all the things I own. She could not have taken me to SHS. My dad sent money only once in a long while until he stopped completely. Her small kola-nuts business was becoming a fiasco. 

Now that I have finished SHS, I am not planning to go to university soon. I have a strong desire to achieve excellence. I want to amass all the money I can and then invest into a profitable business here or find my way back to London. I know very well that it is not a good job.

My friends made me wise if not, smart. growing up in such circumstance was tough for a London boy. I was born with a silver spoon but I lost it.

THIS IS NOT MY STORY. IT IS JUST A FICTION. READ MY BLOGS BECAUSE I WILL COME BACK TO TELL YOU HOW FAR HE HAS REACHED IN HIS QUEST TO GO BACK TO LONDON. Watch Out For Part.....................lol

follow me @fahd_mahama
and on facebook.com/FahD.maHamA

No comments:

Post a Comment